( Long as per usual, but these are for me anyway, so whatever XD )
So we'll see how much of that actually happens by the end of the summer. ^_~ Knowing me... ah, let's get real, I'll be lucky if I can cross anything off my list. But again, we'll see! Now, I'm going to make myself finish this episode of Kuroko (ugh *whine*) and get in the shower and maybe like... do stuff, I dunno. Maybe. My head hurts like fuck, so I might just sleep or something, who knows. XD
Alright, alright, fine. :P But it's just after 11pm here, so we're golden, as long as I don't take too long to write this.
I guess I should talk about Hurricane Sandy, but there's really not much to talk about. It didn't really affect us here that much- we got some rain, and some nasty wind, but that's about it. Not a big deal locally. Other parts of NY though, not so lucky. Here, though, we didn't even lose power. Not that I'm complaining, I'm grateful. So. No worries here, guys, everything is a-okay.
Not much else has been happening since I last wrote. School work. I'm pretty sure I managed to lose my English Comp folder somewhere (unless it's hiding from me, which I admit is possible, but unlikely at this point.) Not ZOMGTERRIBLE, but still a pain in the ass and severely annoying. Trying to save Rise's ass in Persona 4 and not get my own handed to me at the same time. Speaking of P4, I sat down and watched the "true ending" episode and am thoroughly confused by it. I probably should've watched the anime again first. Meh. I don't think I mentioned, but I got my first school check, so that's in my savings account, which is nice. Uhhhhhhh.
(Sorry, I could probably be more interesting, but I've been up since 5:30am, didn't get home until 8:30pm, plus had a unit test in math first thing this morning. I am -FRIED-. Did I mention that my math skills are sloooooow and I have yet to actually COMPLETE a unit test for that class? At least I knew what I was doing this time, I just didn't have the extra 30-45 minutes I really needed to finish. XD)
Oh, there is something! ( Cut for cycle talk )
Aaaaand I should probably just post this before it gets any later. See you tomorrow! :D
I have had it up to here with this whole Caylee Anthony case. Not really the thing itself- it's a tragedy that a little girl is dead, and even though I know very little about the case, I know that there are things that are suspect. However. I wasn't in the jury. I didn't hear all of the details like they did. Hell, most people didn't. What makes everyone assume that they know better than the people that heard the whole thing and determined that the mother wasn't guilty? Furthermore, what the hell do they think whining about the verdict on Facebook is going to do? IT'S DONE. There's nothing anybody can do about it now. No amount of bitching to everyone in a 100 mile radius is going to change it. If I see yet another status change, picture change, link, or poll related to this shit I'm going to flip out. SHUT THE FUCK UP.
...yes, my body decided to do the girl thing today. How did you know? <_<
☁ So today was very much Not Fun. Woke up with cramps and it just went downhill from there. Cramps weren't the worst I've ever had, but they weren't the milder (for me) ones either. So I was in pain all day, even with medication and a heating pad. Had to work with the Thursday person I hate. Found out someone complained about me, which I knew was going to happen (Long story- basically, I can get yelled at for no reason by a customer for only so long without getting a little irritable. I wasn't all out rude, but I was a bit short with her.), but that didn't make it any easier to get lectured about it. A different customer flipped out on me because a co-worker did something incredibly stupid yesterday, which she's done before and been talked to about doing before. Plus a couple of other gems I discovered during the day. I ended up leaving a clearly PISSED OFF note for her. Usually I reign the anger in when I write notes like that, but this time I didn't really (still no swearing though, I'm proud of myself. :P) So we'll see what happens with that, if anything.
Basically I came home and just completely zoned out for about ten minutes. I feel like it helped, but at the same time it scared me a little too because it wasn't planned. Just all of a sudden, woo, brain not there, and I'm just staring at my laptop screen and not really seeing it for ten minutes. I wonder if that's something I should worry about. :/
☁ Also, weirdly, Kelly made the comment of "well, last I knew you're still a virgin, so..." (it -was- related to the conversation and not totally random, but still.) I kind of gave her a look like O_o and went, "Last I knew I didn't tell you everything about my personal life." Seriously, it's not like I would've been all "GUESS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME TODAY! :D" I mean, really. (To a degree she's right, though I've never really been able to puzzle that one out. It's a matter of technicalities all around. Still, that's not the point here.)
All in all, it was a very long and sometimes strange day. Is it Tuesday yet? D:
☁ In other news: This looks like it's going to be really good. Completely heartbreaking, but amazing. I love a good mind fuck. Though Jason Isaacs with an American accent is freaking WEIRD.
☁ Some technology is okay though. Apparently my library has a thing where you can take out some digital books and stuff online- they just disappear when they're due. Awesome. :D Not a terrible lot available, yet I still have 20 some odd books on my wishlist at the moment. Ehehe. ^_^;;; Should probably start working on that.
☁ In other news, I've just sat here and watched a bunch of Doctor Who. Here's the thing: I've seen a lot of Doctor Who/Torchwood secrets on fandomsecrets... I didn't really know that much about Jack, except that he's bisexual (and they make that clear pretty much right away, don't they? XD) But he's... I don't know, not what I expected. American, for one thing. A little disorienting to hear an American accent when you're expecting a British one. And he's kind of... sleazy, isn't he? I'm kind of failing to see why he's such a popular character. He's a bit of an ass. I have to wonder if this is more of fandom being in love with dick characters, or whether he gets better. Also I have four episodes left of the 9th Doctor and I don't want a new one. SOB. We go from this guy to creepy Barty Crouch Jr.? *clings to 9*
Edit: Am I the only one that wouldn't mind seeing Doctor/Rose/Jack? I don't even know if that's a common thing in DW fandom. XD I'm not seriously shipping it or anything (yet), but definitely wouldn't mind if it happened. Just saying.
☁ I feel like I should be writing- haven't done it properly in weeks- but I just don't feel like it. -_- I dunno, maybe it's going to take a little time to get my writing mojo back. I was going pretty good for a while there.
☁ Breaking out. Ugh, I so don't need this on top of the monster zit that I'm still trying to get rid of. Damn thing practically had its own heartbeat. It's a lot better, but still there. So of course then this means that I'm going to be female soon. Lovely. >_<
☁ I'm going to get on my soapbox a little bit here. Just a warning. ^_^;;;
( Lots of cuts lately. Hrm. )
*climbs off soapbox* <_<
☁ There are potential plans in the works for a family meetup this fall... with Kelly and I going to see Erin, and then my father will supposedly come as well. I. Ugh. I'm supposed to be giving the idea a shot, but honestly? I don't WANT to. Maybe I'm being a bit of a child about this. I'm willing to accept that. Aside from not wanting to see him, this is my VACATION we're talking about. We are talking about me not being able to relax the entire week because he's there- during the time when I'm supposed to be able to relax and have fun and not have to worry about anything. I understand that it'll be easier if it's the three of us together. I really do get that. But it doesn't change the fact that I told Kelly I didn't want to have anything to do with this, and I told her that for a REASON. That reason being that I DON'T WANT TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS. Point blank. I don't know, maybe I'm being too selfish here. Am I being too selfish here?
1. One of the many reasons I almost never drink: even if I have one, I feel like utter shit the next day. So I had a couple of godiva-and-milks around midnight (much more milk than godiva, I assure you XD), and sure enough, felt like shit.
2. On top of the previous, my body decided that it hates me. Pamprin wasn't touching the cramps, either. UGH.
3. Didn't have a thermacare patch for said cramps. Work was out of them, so tried a store brand, which turned out to be freaking useless. So basically, I was in a lot of pain all day.
4. Because the day wasn't shitty enough: I found out while I was at work that a friend got gaybashed last night. He's okay, but... ugh. :/ I later discovered it was a fucking bouncer at a straight bar, who apparently followed Paul out of the place and attacked him. The other bouncers had to actually pull the guy off of him. God. I'm actually kind of glad I wasn't there, because I would've flipped out and wouldn't that have been ridiculous? 4'11" me shouting at a big bouncer type guy. XDDD Still, it's scary, you know? It's not like he was in the boondocks somewhere, this is Albany. I'll grant you that Albany's certainly not a gay mecca or anything close to that, but people are pretty low-key about the gay thing here, from my experience. At least overall. You always get some assholes, but meh. The important thing is that he's okay, and he did report it. He's more upset about the fact that he has "JOE" imprinted on his face (asshole must've had one of those knuckle ring things that leaves markings) than the actual attack. Go figure.
☁ I went and got measured yesterday. Apparently I fail at measuring myself. The girl there measured me at 40G. So I still went down in band size and up a cup size. *groan* FML.
☁ Original writing stopped. Didn't take long. XDDD Can't say I'm surprised, though. It takes a level of concentration that I'm just not capable of at the moment.
☁ I'm waiting for SW mods to get back to me on some app questions before I continue on with it, but I'm considering journal names. Jumping the gun a little bit, maybe, but eh. Naturally there's a lot of stuff that's taken already, but in the running are take10_give11, meaning_in_pain, and sacrificialgain. Everything else I've tried hasn't been available. XD Probably out of those, the first one would be better. Still plenty of time to come up with something else, though.
Speaking of work, gotta go. See you guys later \o
Edit: Also found out last night that my mom and I actually share a liked movie. O_o Kinda weird. A Beautiful Mind is apparently one of her favorite movies, and I love stuff that fucks with my head. Just... weeeeeeird.
1. I got my hair cut about... eh, three weeks ago. It's REALLY short. Really, really short. I've never had it this short. O_o I've been told it suits me, though, and the reactions were fun to begin with because everyone was like "WOAH." One of the supervisors at work saw me from a bit of a distance and didn't know who I was! XD I've only gotten two bad responses so far- one, predictably, from my mother who hates it... and one from a guy at work who made a dick comment about how it was a guy's haircut. Pffft. I mean, in all fairness, it CAN be. If I push the bangs back, it looks VERY butch. But I don't wear it like that at work, and the bangs definitely soften it. So I can have it both ways and I kind of love that. All in all... I think I might keep it. I think I'm still getting used to it because it's a HUGE adjustment, but I like it, and I like how easy it is. And I know it looks okay on me because the reactions from even people I don't know (customers at work) has been positive to the point of being overwhelming.
2. Still continuing on the weight loss thing. I've lost 16 pounds now, also considering that I'm bloated from my body hating me. (It's particularly bad this time around- I was so nauseaus yesterday I had probably about half the calories I should've eaten. Bad, I know, but I felt like I was going to throw up without even eating anything. No need to encourage things along. Felt just as nauseous today, but doing a little better on the food front. Still not what I need, but better.) I actually ran... well, jogged for six minutes the other day. That's a huge deal. That would've been impossible for me before. So there's improvement! I'm not seeing any changes besides the weight loss and the exercise thing, but it'll happen. ^^ Can't wait till my pants start falling off~ But first is hitting and holding under my first goal, which should be soon. Then I'll be able to get Final Fantasy XIII~ :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
3. blind_go ... I probably should've just defaulted. Seriously. NOT my strongest showing this time around. You guys will see once reveals come up. *sigh* Serves me right, I guess, waiting until the day of deadline to really sit down and work on it. >_<
4. Coworker thinks I should get tested for endometriosis. The only problem with that is that it kind of requires surgery for a diagnosis, and on top of that, apparently most insurance won't even cover it unless you've tried to get pregnant and failed. Because, apparently, the horrifically painful periods aren't bad enough to warrant a diagnosis. Would I be willing to get surgery for something like that? Probably not, especially since it's a passing suspicion really, but it still pisses me off that it's not even an option. So, you know, whatever. That's so not happening. Something to keep in the back of my mind, I guess?
5.Started going through my books today in search of things that I'm willing to part with... because I do NOT have the space for all these books. Sigh. I have seven so far, but that's only the top two shelves of my big bookcase- that's not even including all of the other places I have books stashed. I know there's other ones too, so it should be at least 10. Maybe even closer to 20. This is... kind of painful, but I need to do it. At least start. There's books all over my room, so it's not something that's going to be funished until I actually clean the damn thing. Double sigh. The only question is, what do I -do- with them?
6. More fandomish stuff: I started watching Glee, because I kept hearing about it. My god. It's a TRAINWRECK. That's the only reason I'm still watching the damn thing- it's like when you see a car accident on the side of the road and you can't look away. D: Also, I think we've established before that I'm a masochist. XD I never really understood the big deal about autotuning until I watched this. It's horrible. It ruins the music for me. Bah. Which wouldn't be so bad if pretty much every character wasn't horribly written. All of them are either flaming assholes or completely two dimensional. Often both. *cough*Kurt*cough* So the show itself is bad on top of ruined music... NOT a good combination. People love this show WHY? DOES NOT COMPUTE. O_o
Also finally saw Sherlock Holmes, which I really liked. I came out of it NOT shipping Holmes/Watson, though. I see where people get that from, but... it actually screamed BROMANCE to me as opposed to OMG OTP FOREVER. Eh. Which is actually how Kirk/Spock in Star Trek Reboot hit me too. I would read fic if I came across it. But I don't ship it.
...does that mean my yaoi fangirl card gets taken away now? D:
2. I hate being female, and that's really all I have to say about that. I've been in pain all day even with medication and a heating pad, and am therefore not exactly in the best of moods. -_-
3. Haven't been writing too much on LJ recently, even though I probably should. I just... haven't felt like I've had much to say, and I'm not really sure why. I've been in a bit of a funk lately and I don't know what's causing it, but it needs to stop. Like, now.
...actually, that's a lie. I'm pretty sure I know what it is. A combination of hormones (since I was late, again, though at least this time it was only a couple of weeks. Still. It's definitely enough to mess with things) and another factor I don't really feel like discussing at the moment. It's probably just me being weird and hopefully it'll pass soon.
4. For something good? A supervisor I can't stand is most likely being transferred to another store. \o\ \o/ /o/ THANK FUCKING GOD.
I hate to end this on this note, but it's 6am and I really need to go to bed. I've been staying up waaaaaay too late the last few days. *sigh*
2. Also found the first four episodes of Chi's Sweet Home 2. It's still cute, though I don't like the new opening song. Can we have the old one back? T_T
3. My body hates me. I'm now officially a cycle late, and today was day 3 of cramps out of nowhere. >_< BAH. I usually only get those the first day, so I don't know what that's about. I'm 25... shouldn't my period have stopped being all multiple personality on me by now?
4. I have a bunny for blind_go . Well, sort of. It's a baby bunny. Like this:
No idea what direction this is going in, though. It could very well implode on itself. *sigh* Still. It's something! *cheers, works on putting a music playlist together for inspiration~*
5. Speaking of writing, Ai linked this and I think it's totally worth sharing: WRITER'S QUEST!
6. I am...... not resisting the urge to write an RP application for Inui from Prince of Tennis. I'm NOT. <_< Especially when I owe a bunch of tags as it is. >_>
Shoot me now. *headdesk*
7. Work has been fun. So fun I don't even want to talk about it. *groan* One of these days I'll make a giant TL;DR post about it. Maybe. Might just as easily decide it's not worth the effort. -_-
In related news, Christmas has been postponed again. End of January now. At this point I'd say fuck it, why don't we just not do it, except that I've already purchased a bunch of stuff. Most of which I really wouldn't have bought for myself. Little snag there. So I have this Saturday off, and I'm going to have to spend it with my mother. Ugh. And then when we actually do the present thing, we're going to have to do it before I go to work, since there's no way in HELL I can get another Saturday off so soon. Meh. Lovely.
Need to try and scrounge up some guesses for bg. Ugh. I don't feel like it, I'm all crampy, which of course means I don't feel like doing much of -anything-. *sigh* Speaking of which, reveals are tonight, so anybody who wanted to go make a guess for me, find my guessing post! It shouldn't be too hard, I'm just too lazy to link to it right now. XD
So I finished Natsume (though apparently there's going to be a season two, dunno if I'm going to watch that. Season one stands alone well as it is), and am now watching Nabari no Ou. I... don't know what to think so far. ^_^;;; AND SEASON TWO OF JUNJOU IS ALMOST DONE, SADNESS! We can hope for a season three? :D
Oh, Fei, in case I miss you- have to go to work at 2 today, so leaving early obviously. And before you ask, no, this does not mean that I get to leave early. Sorry. I'll see you later?
2. I have spent all day doing absolutely nothing. It was nice, actually- four hours working on Final Fantasy X, and I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere, and I'm finally starting to like some of the characters besides Auron, Lulu, and Waka. Okay, Tidus is still a whiny bitch, but he's not AS bad as he was before. And Kimahri had me giggling more than once. <3
3.fifthmus ... I still don't know. I mean. It's only 500 words this time... I -should- be able to come up with SOMETHING semi-decent before deadline that's at least 500 words, right? I just... I dunno. I'm not really feeling the writing thing right now, and considering that I crashed and burned so badly in the last round of blind_go ... I'm hesitant to join another challenge just yet. No, I'm not looking for reassurances here, I'm just stating facts. I'll think about it.
4. I haven't taken cold medicine all day today. SCORE~! Okay, so I still have a little bit of the cold I think, but it's not enough that I feel warranted medicating myself for. And I'm sure the crappy feeling is more due to the fact that my body decided to be a girl today. UGH. I hate when it does that.
5. In addition to feeling like shit, the tub is backing up. We can't get maintenance here till tomorrow. I hope to hell it's before work, but being that Mom probably won't get around to calling until late, I won't bet on it. Which means I'll have to go to work without a shower. And I already feel disgusting because of the girl thing. *cries* Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. I really wish the people upstairs would stop throwing shit down the sink that doesn't belong there. That's what causes our tub and/or kitchen sink to back up every once in a while. Gah, plumbing. STOP THAT!
6. Some Theory of a Deadman songs came up on my music player and suddenly I want to play through Indigo Prophecy again. XDDD Whoops? Speaking of music, I found a couple of songs on my computer that I absolutely don't remember hearing before, much less downloading. The only thing I can think of is I came across them when I was all drugged up and that's why I don't remember? XD I can't even blame it on Kelly because they're most definitely in MY music folder. <_< I mean, it's music I like, so in the end it's all good, it's just... disturbing to me, that I don't remember these AT ALL.
However, this one- With Me by Sum 41- I have a sneaking suspicion that it's Wolfie's fault, or at least the fault of someone from Squarewarts. ^_^;;;
.....I'm clearly not in a great mood, so I'm just going to save myself more embarrassment and shut up. Plus firefox completely hates me today apparently. XDDD
2. Being a girl SUCKS, and that's all I've got to say about that. Though at least I had the day off yesterday when I was really in pain. That's a good thing. ^_^;;;
3. Three more episodes of Karin before I'm done. It's crack and so cute. I think I'm going to rec this one to Stef, actually, since I think it'll be something she'll like. Her favorite that I've given her is Ouran High School Host Club, after all. XDDD
4. After Karin... oh I don't know, maybe Bus Gamer? It's only 3 episodes and is supposed to be good... I dunno. I should probably watch the stuff I'm already in the middle of... like Bleach. Or Elfen Lied. Or, you know, BLEACH. XD What's funny about that, though, is that I get into it when I'm watching it- but when I'm not watching it, it's like "meh, I don't feel like it." I'm half wondering if I should just drop the damn thing and be done with it, to be honest.
5. Attachment Style Test from aiwritingfic... Are any of us surprised? Probably not... XD
( My results... )
|Other Attachment Types:|
|Secure:||The Unicorn|||||The Cuddleslut|||||The Free Agent|
|Preoccupied:||The Cling Wrap|||||The Squid|||||The Insect|
|Fearful:||The Doormat|||||The Leper|||||The Exile|
|Dismissing:||The Hermit|||||The Stone|||||The Player|
Hmm. I should probably try to get some more done before Kelly goes to bed. I've really only just put a (very small) dent in the room today... Later!
I don't know what Mom's doing when she's home, but she needs to stop it, because the ethernet cable for my computer keeps getting loose enough on her end that my internet doesn't work. -_- Which is a pain in the ass, let me tell you. And it's only when she's home, so I know it's something SHE'S doing. Guh.
My prepaid phone was fantastic when I wasn't really using it that much. I'd put $20 on it every three months just to keep it active and I'd be golden. Now, however... it's costing me a lot of freaking money. I don't even want to know how much, quite honestly. I haven't been keeping track. So... after my vacation, I'm probably going to end up getting a monthly plan. I can get 1300 minutes total (which should be plenty, I still don't talk on it THAT much) plus unlimited texting for about $50. It sounds like a lot, at least to me, but I'm positive I'll be saving money that way. Plus I don't need to switch carriers or get a new phone or anything. ^_^
Last night at work can be summed up in two words: complete hell. It was busier than fuck, we had no extra staff even though it was the freaking day before MOTHER'S DAY, people were being bitchy, the digital machines were being pissy, I had to mix chemicals when I never actually got trained on mixing chemicals (so the machine might've been contaminated this morning, who knows), I never got a break AND I got out almost an hour late... plus I got my period yesterday and was having hellish cramps, so was in a lot of pain all day and couldn't leave early. *sigh* And it's probably going to be the same thing all over again tonight minus the cramps. Shoot me?
Those bras I ordered came in. And... wow. The 'cute as I can get in my size' one is cute (<3), and two others I didn't bother trying on because I have that exact type of bra in a different color, but one? Wow. I like... have a waist. Sort of. The only bad part is that it makes my boobs go "Hey, look at ME!" And... you know, at my size, I most definitely don't need to be doing that. XD They garner enough attention without that. XDDD But. You know. WAIST. <3 And that bra will look amazing with this one top I have. It will be the closest I can get to being attractive. Like, ever. XD
I should probably start trying to pack in the next couple of days. Guh. That's probably number 3 in most hated parts about traveling, packing. Two is the actual travel part. One.. is leaving the place you traveled to.
2. The bra I had to order at the store last week arrived in the mail yesterday. It fits. O_o I'm trying very hard not to remember what size it is. XDDD
3. Definitely getting sick, I've developed a sore throat as of yesterday. Fucking wonderful.
4. I also got an e-mail saying that the stuff I ordered from Walmart is at the store and ready for pickup. <_< *whistles innocently* I'm going to try to see if Stef wants to go with me to pick it up. Hehe.
5. I have a backup plan for blind_go . If all else fails, I have this other fic... as an absolute last resort. XDDD So really, I need to finish this and start something else, like, ASAP. T_T
6. Monday sucked. Like epic suck. A quick rundown for you: got my period when I wasn't expecting it (the other day, when I thought I was going to get it? I didn't. No, I got it Monday, when I had to run the entire front store for an hour and couldn't get away from the register to get a pad. ;_;) Then after I got that taken care of and there was finally someone else ringing, I got a carton of milk and a small package of cookies (it has 2 in it), so I could get something in my stomach before I took the pain medication for my cramps. If I take Pamprin on an empty stomach, I get sick. Not that big a deal, right? Well... there's this woman I work with that I've been having issues lately (one of these days I'll actually tell you guys about that, it's quite fun and really epic coworker suck, honestly- but I'm too tired right now. XD).... she came up, first bitched at me for not ringing even though I was obviously in the middle of processing someone's film right then (no, I'm not going to ring zomgrightthissplitsecond, but give me a couple of minutes to finish what I'm doing and I have no problem doing it, unlike you, bitch).... then was over in the photo lab for some stupid ass reason. From there, this conversation ensued:
"Who's milk and cookies are these?"
"Oh. So that's what you do, just sit here and eat all day?"
The last is said in the most condescending tone EVER... I just had to walk away. Katie (who was ringing) was just standing there practically with her mouth hanging open. It's like... Oh. So you're going to take cheap shots at my weight now. That's really fucking mature. I think I did really well in not hitting her, though. ^_^
Then to make matters worse, I found out later that it looks like somebody went and opened my check and resealed the damn thing. Guh.
7. Pizza Hut has ordering online now. This is dangerous. O_o
Okay, firefox is made of fail at the moment and Opera's not doing a whole lot better, so I'm just going to end this now before anything else happens. ^_^;;;;; Really, I should go back to bed anyway. Night all!
2. I think I'm working on getting sick. My throat feels funny and it hurts a little bit to swallow. Fantastic. I'm taking zinc and vitamin c when I remember, though, so maybe it won't be too bad? XDDD This... does not bode well for ihikago, however. <_< But it also might explain why I've been so god damn tired lately.
3. Katie (the morning photo person on Saturdays) apparently called in. Fucking great. I don't wanna go to work. -_- When I get in I'm going to have to start up the whole lab, do everybody's film that's been sitting there since I left last night, customers are going to be bitchy... and my lovely coworkers were probably telling people I'd have everything done by 4pm. Um... no? When the machine doesn't get booted up at its normal time, it's wicked slow: meaning, it'll be 4pm by the time I even get the machine running. Pictures... will not be done. *sigh* They apparently wanted me to go in early, but considering that it's now a little after two, I don't think that's happening. They called my phone at like.. 9am. What the hell? At 9am I'm SLEEPING. Not gonna hear the phone, I promise.
4. *back twinges* Oh jeez. I hope to hell that's not cramps. Then again, the timing on that would be astronomically bad, so knowing my body, it probably is. *sighs and takes Pamprin along with the zinc and vitamin c, packs a heating patch and pad in work bag just in case*
*Note to self: Need to buy more pads.
Okay. Well I should probably go get dressed for work and everything (ugh), but I'll see you guys later. With any luck I'll be able to get a little bit of writing done. Hope everyone else has a good day~
*EDIT** Gah, I forgot about the damn question meme -again-. FAIL. I have one question I'm still stuck on- I'll try to think about it and post the answers tonight. XD
I went in Borders, though, since I figured that I might as well make sure that the trip wasn't a complete wash. Er... yeah. Volume 11 of Hikaru No Go, Plum Lovin', and volumes 2-7 of Loveless came home with me. <_< Did I mention that I still haven't read the manga that I got a couple of weeks ago? XDDD Epic fail, Ver. Seriously.
One of these days, I'm actually going to learn how to use chopsticks without dropping my food on myself. Today is not that day. *headdesk* On the other hand, I picked up a package of Oolong tea in the Chinese takeout place, since they had them free. I'm curious to try it. ^_^
Kelly's all pissed off at me now because I won't leave the bedroom so she and her boyfriend can be in here and fool around. O_o Dude. I mean, of course she didn't say that, but she said they wanted to be "alone". Now... they're alone out in the living room as it is- the only thing is, obviously, that they can't lock anyone out, so either my mother or I could walk in on them. Hence why they want the "alone time". Honestly, she thinks I'm so stupid when it comes to this stuff. XD
I did nothing the two days I had off. *sigh* At the very least, I need to do a load of laundry before I go to bed. I have zero clean clothes for work tomorrow. >_<
...So I took the floppies off my desk, right? You know what I was just forced to put there in place of them? Manga. O_o I'm running out of places to put books. Seriously. All I can think of right now is Sciezka in Fullmetal Alchemist, when they first met her and she was buried underneath a pile of books. XDDD
2. On the TMI track... hmm. I'm glad that there's absolutely no chance of me being pregnant, because I'm late. I should've definitely had my period by Christmas... it's now two weeks later and still not here. <_< I haven't been more than a few days late in a LONG time. There was one point when I was 16 that I didn't have it for six months (and then too, I definitely wasn't pregnant)... I hope this isn't going to be like that. That SUCKED... I still got cramps and PMS and everything, just no period, so... yeah.
3. I should probably get in the shower and go to the bank, get out rent money, GET GROCERIES... but I really don't feel like it. ^_^; I should also work on cleaning my room at least a little today. It's gotten really bad again. And I'm on the last leg (I think) of the third case in Phoenix Wright, and I want to finish that. Make sure this bastard gets what he deserves. XD While I'm over there I might as well make an appointment for the eye doctor, get that over with. Man, I hate errands. .......on the other hand, I can stop and get Chinese food. <33333
4. Holy crap, weatherbug says it's 56 degrees. O_o (That's 13.5 degrees for my Celcius inclined friends.) In January. Holy freaking crap. That's just... not normal. XD Though I'm not complaining, because that means that I don't have to wear my bulky part of my coat. I can just pull it apart and use the thinner outer part. Or better yet, I might even be able to get away with just a sweatshirt. ^_^ Woot.
Alright. Really need to get in the shower if I'm going, because even though the bank doesn't close until 5, I'm not sure offhand when the doctor's office closes. I think it's 4 or 5, but I'm not completely sure and I shouldn't risk it.
Fuck, my back hurts. But I’ve had worse than this so I guess I shouldn’t complain. Too much, anyway. I just don’t feel good all around- my back, my little headache from hell that’s starting to form at the nape of my neck and my forehead, plus general grouchiness… um, yeah. My period arriving today would explain a few things over the last couple of days!
I was EXTREMELY bad yesterday. I was in Game Crazy (yeah, I’ll bet you can see where THIS is going!)… and I ended up with 3 games. Whoops. So… Dragon Quest VII, Chrono Cross, and Xenosaga came home with me. Hmph. Dragon Quest is… extremely weird. I’m not sure if I like it, actually, but I’ll reserve judgement until I get a little farther with it. Mostly I want to know how you get to the Final Fantasy XII demo that’s supposed to be on there. Bah. Xenosaga is as confusing as hell, and Chrono Cross is cool- but currently, the whole "trying to catch dragons so you can get their scales" bit is seriously pissing me off. Those damn dragons are fast!
It feels like I’ve been here all night and then some, but it’s only been about 3 ½ hours. That is SO not good.
1) Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry- Mildred D. Taylor (I had to read this for sixth grade English and loved it… so when I saw it I just had to pick it up.)
2) Sea of Time- Will Huffell (It looks interesting. *shrug*)
3) Ella Enchanted- Gail Carson Levine (Ever since I saw the movie I’ve wanted to read the book)
4) The Adventures of Tom Sawyer- Mark Twain (I used to have this when I was a kid, but it got destroyed somewhere along the line… what I didn’t realize until I got home and was putting the books away, however, is that this is an “adapted” version… so I’m not sure how much of Twain’s original stuff is still intact.)
5) Uncle Tom’s Cabin- Harriet Beecher Stowe (I’ve been meaning to read this since I first heard about it at thirteen and never got around to picking it up. So here we go.)
6) The Great Gatsby- F. Scott Fitzgerald (I find the 20’s interesting, and by association this is interesting. Another book introduced to me thanks to school)
7) Ancestors of Avalon- Diana L. Paxson (Yes, another Avalon book… I’m definitely going to finish “Mists of Avalon” before I even attempt to start this, though)
8) High Druid of Shannara: Straken- Terry Brooks (Like with Tom Sawyer, I need to learn to look at the back of the book just a little, just because this is part of a trilogy. Which would irritate me to begin with because I don’t have the rest of the trilogy to continue reading, but to top it off, this is the last book in the trilogy. Damn. Which means I can’t really start reading this until I get through the first two books. Well… I could, I guess, but everything would be confusing… and where’s the fun in that?)
In other news, my little friend is here, but she’s not causing many of the usual problems, which is good. For one thing I can actually eat… and the cramps were minimal… the only bad part is, the other thing about these visits that causes problems is still there (the quite painful allergic reaction I have to the necessary hygiene products). Oh, and now I have no money, so I can’t go to the health store to see if they have something natural I can use that I might not be allergic to… which means, unfortunately, I’m just going to have to deal with it and be in pain for the next week and a half to two weeks. Great.
KH is really starting to piss me off. So you know.
An old guy accused me of taking his credit card today... when really, he was just an idiot and couldn't remember where he put it after I gave it back to him. Then he tried telling me that I purposely didn't refund the tax on an item he'd just returned when it was a non-taxable item to begin with. Grrr. It's like, first you accuse me of being a thief and now you're telling me I don't know how to do my job? Pshh. Fuck off. I really hope he felt like shit, but I'm sure he didn't even give it a second thought. Asshole. *I love my job, I really do*.... yeah, right. Then Paul was being a major league asshole and he almost got my foot up his ass. Several times. And it doesn't help that my brain has decided to save the "super-bitch" part of PMS until just after my period, so the last few days I've been barely suppressing this basically constant anger that I have for absolutely no reason (and it seems to have erased my brain filter, you know, the thing that keeps you from saying everything that pops into your head... it's not a good thing to be without, especially in my case where every other thing that pops into my head is some kind of sarcastic or bitchy remark). Yeah. Hopefully that'll end soon, because I think I'm really starting to piss people off. No.. scratch that. I know I'm really starting to piss people off.
Alright, off to bed I suppose. If I can fall asleep with my stomach feeling like this. Ugh.
Best convo of the night:
"Bite me." -Me
"No thanks." -Paul
"I wasn't really offering... besides, I know where that mouth has been." -Me
*Mary and Paul started cracking up instantly, whereas I impressed myself by lasting a good two seconds before I started laughing hysterically. Keep in mind that this is in the front store, with a bunch of customers around. ... we probably looked completely insane. After I'd gotten myself under control somewhat...
"Well, not all of them, but I know some of them."
*To which Paul looked at me like he was totally scandalized. He he. A few minutes later, Paul practically threw a box of Midol at me, going "With your attitude, I think you need this."
Regression to age 15 beginning...
Fall Out Boy concert in a little more than twelve hours! *squee* Kelly and I will both have cameras of the film (hers) and digital (mine) variety, so if I get any decent ones I'll probably put them up at some point. The best part about this? It turns out that Kevin and Jess are working the Pepsi for this (they work the booths, you know, where they sell all the insanely priced stuff)- and Jess said that if we find them, they can give us 50% off on whatever we want. Yay! Looks like we're going to have to make a point of finding them...
Returning to appropriate age...
Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. Besides, the more I'm squeeing about that, the more chance there is of my brain finally realizing that I'm quickly running out of time and to kick into gear. I have laundry to do (because I have no clothes whatsoever). I need a shower (because I smell, and I know it). I need to pack my purse with essentials for tomorrow (today, technically... I need to do this shortly because I know I'm going to forget something major, and this way I'm leaving myself enough time to rectify that. Otherwise I'll be kicking myself in the ass for days). I need to charge batteries for my camera, and get all my photography shit together. I need to get money out for possible momento buying (I'm limiting myself to $100, which is entirely too much, but I don't plan on spending all of it... and even if I do, I don't think I'll care as long as I go home with something really cool). I need to GO THE HELL TO BED at some point. That, of course, being on the bottom of the priority list ;)
As a complete change of subject (and to further my blatant procrastination)... a semi-entry I wrote yesterday:
Strange, how watching a movie can spur time travel in your brain. I'm sitting here watching The Last Unicorn, one of my favorite movies as a kid (which still has the most gorgeous soundtrack, by the way) and suddenly I'm eight years old again, sitting on the floor of my room in front of an ancient black and white 13 inch tv. And it feels so damn real, like I'm ACTUALLY sitting there. Extremely weird.
Is it just me, or are Mommy Fortuna and the harpy bits just a little bit too scary for kids to be watching?
On a fun note, this is a bootlegged copy of the movie when fox aired it some weekend along with Pretty Piggies and Yogi's First Christmas (it was some marathon or something)... the commercials are just so entertaining. Just to give you an idea on the dating of this recording: The Pepsi Arena was still the Knickerbocker Arena. There are previews for "Parker Lewis Can't Lose", "ALF", "Perfect Strangers", "Star Trek: The Next Generation", and "The Gambler: The Adventure Continues". The Long John Silver commercial with the holiday stemware was running (I used to love that one), and of course, the "I'm Sorry" Bounty commercials. *LMAO* Kelly and I used to sing that one to each other when one of us got the other pissed, which was often.
Random Quotes from the Movie:
-"There are no happy endings because nothing ends."
-"Oh my god, I'm engaged to a Douglas Fir."
"What can I do, you think the Red Bull likes card tricks?"
-"I am a bearer, I am a dwelling, I am a messenger-"
"You are an idiot!"
Alright, I'm off to maybe do some of those things I need to do. *ugh* I'll hopefully be back Thursday/Friday with news of the concert and pictures, as I won't be able to get on the computer Wednesday. Later!
Best line of the day: "Focus on one thing? One artistic goal? As. in. concentrate. for. more. than. 20. sec- oh look, a shiny thing. *wanders off* (From Chershirecaticus on DeviantArt)
All I had to eat yesterday was a bag of Doritos, a couple of chicken strips, and two pieces of bread. While that’s not exactly bad, it’s not good, either. Damn. And to add insult to injury, today was one of the few occasions when I actually woke up to find that my little friend had arrived. Double damn. Then again, that would certainly explain why I’ve been in a funk recently... I always get really randy the week before my period shows up. (I know, I know, TMFI- deal with it)(I love that word, randy. It says what I want it to say without it sounding completely perverted. Like horny. I fucking hate that one. I just sounds... WRONG to me. But I think we’ve already established that I’m insane, so that explains that little bit of lunacy.)
I need to go try and find SOMETHING clean to wear to work (ha ha) and go take a shower. Bah. Later.
I should’ve fucking known. It seems like every time I wake up with my period and it’s a day I have to go to work, I end up going home early because I feel like complete and utter SHIT and can’t really function properly. Good thing it only happens extremely rarely, or else I’d be leaving early about one day a month.
At least the Pamprin's finally started working, so even though my back still hurts, at least the sharp edge of the pain has been taken off. It's never a bad thing to not feel like someone was stabbing you over and over again in your lower back. Okay, enough bitching, I really need to get off the computer and go do... something, because it's going to be another hour or so before my clothes are dry. Hrmph. (Serves me right for starting them so late, I guess).