(I skipped yesterday because my internet was being weird and then I fell asleep earlier than planned, see note later. Whoops. XD) Um, most of it, to be totally honest? XD But probably my most difficult was when I was15. My dad was gone, my grandparents died that year, my mom was constantly talking about moving somewhere new (I know it was Oklahoma at one point, and I think Florida was talked about, and there may have been others before it went to Wisconsin and stayed there), I was dealing with questions of sexuality, my grades had been going down the drain for a while, I was seriously depressed... yeah. That was a really rough year.
- They've started building a Starbucks in the plaza near my house. I haven't decided whether this is a bad thing or a downright terrible thing. XD
- I was done messing with the sleep thing- I've been TRYING, and it's just not working- so I picked up some melatonin. I read a thing that said to take it about 3 hours before you want to go to bed. Um. A word of advice, don't do that. <_< It was about a half hour later that I got kicked in the face with sleepy. Slept about 4 1/2 hours, was up for a while, felt sick so I lied down again, woke up a bit before 10:30. Whoops. Well, still not as bad as the 1pm bullshit that's been happening, so. I was hoping to not have to take it again, but CLEARLY I do. XD Maybe for the rest of the week, and hopefully that will straighten me out for Monday. I know it's non-addictive, but it's still a hormone and I'd rather not mess with my hormones any more than absolutely necessary, you know?
- Speaking of being sick... I've ALWAYS had a sensitive stomach, but I'm really starting to think I have IBS, because of reasons I'm not getting too into. Let's just say that for the last month or so I've been feeling bloated all the time and most times getting sick after I eat anything, and there's no rhyme or reason to it, so it's not like I know a particular type of food to avoid. (Okay, seriously, as an example- Kelly and I got an early dinner last night. Stomach was FINE, and I brought the leftovers (chicken) home. I had some of the leftovers for breakfast this morning- stomach raised perfect holy hell. Same EXACT thing, two different reactions. I never know what's going to happen when I eat.) Unfortunately, with no insurance and no money to go to the doctor (especially since an IBS diagnosis is an elimination game, so a lot of tests and shit), well.... I don't know. Maybe I'll try probiotics. I've read that can help. Although those are kind of expensive too. :/
Alright. I'll do today's rightful meme later. For now I need to try to pull my shit together and go get my books for school, because FUCK it's Wednesday already, bleh. Maaaaaybe get a haircut because it's driving me nuts, I don't know yet.
I think this is another stupid question. Once you get past... oh, I don't know, high school, you realize that life is a series of moments, a series of decisions, and you can't reasonably pick out one single one that you're most proud of or most ashamed of or would most like to change or whatever the question is, because everything is interconnected. So questions like this kind of piss me off. As far as answering the question... this whole last year was a part of my proudest moments- those are the decisions that led me to finally go back to school and do well.
( Mostly random stuff )
Uh, the same five I always have? This is a dumb question.
As far as non-meme stuff, here we go:
☁ My certificate of residence for school has been acquired. I had to spend more time dealing with my mother than I would've liked in order to accomplish this, but whatever, it's done. Now I can pay my bill for school. The plan is to deal with that tomorrow.
☁ Saw an apartment Saturday. Good location, big room, roommates are not super neat freaks, gay friendly, super cute kitten (who spent most of the time pretending that I was a good climbing tree. Good thing I wore jeans. XD The guy was like, "wow, she really likes you already.") It's at the top of my "I can afford this" range, but I'm not sure I'm going to get much better because rent is freaking ridiculous here. He's still showing the apartment, so we'll see what happens. I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm going to text him tomorrow and see what's going on. In the meantime... I should probably make some more phone calls tomorrow too. Ungh. I want to do that about as much as I want a hole in my head. I fucking hate calling people, and of course most of these are like "phone calls only!" YOU GUYS SUCK.
☁ Need to go to old work and talk to Dave about saving boxes for me. Even if I wasn't planning on moving, I would probably still do this, because I'm at a point where I just feel like I'm moving things back and forth to and from the same places in my room, and getting stuff put away in boxes would at least let me put things away neatly in an orderly way instead of haphazardly thrown everywhere.
☁ ( TL;DR- Family bullshit )
☁ Oh yeah, and did I mention that classes start again on the 26th and I'm both freaked the hell out about it and can't wait to go back? Need to get sleep back in order. It was better and then it wasn't, sooooo. <_< It's not nowhere near as bad as it was at one point, but still not terribly good.
☁ So basically, long story short, I'm super stressed/anxious about EVERYTHING and trying to keep up with my daily cleaning sessions and mostly failing, so. On the upside, it does look considerably better just from what I did today?
☁ I've also been working on a random fic bit I found in my bunny folder. I... don't even know how this happened. But yay writing?
☁ Fell asleep around 10pm and woke up at about 3:45am. Well, needs tweaking, but it's a start. ^_^
☁ Ate more than 1k calories. I think. Also had a bottle of water.
☁ Did two cleaning sessions. :D On the upside, I reached my goal of getting to my computer chair! On the downside, I didn't find either my blanket or bag. Sigh.
☁ I did, however, find my computer CD binder and was able to give Kelly a bunch of pictures I had, including a large section of her graduation ones that apparently she didn't have anymore. So I did a good deed. ^_^ (Also, hilariously, I need to clean out this binder a bit. Aside from disks for printers I don't even have anymore, there are encyclopedias from 1995. Yes, you read that right. XD)
☁ Also found my print copy of "On Writing," which I'd thought was lost in a move somewhere but was apparently hiding on the dresser in plain sight the entire time. -_- My book catalogue is up to 79 and I haven't even gotten to my main storages of books yet. These are mostly randomly placed ones that live all over my room. XD Okay, some are from a baby bookshelf, but I wasn't lying when I said I have books EVERYWHERE. ;) I've imported what I've scanned to Librarything, too. Didn't realize I'd lose all of my genre tags, and it tends to put things into weird series lists, both of which are kind of obnoxious. Obviously I have to fix that at some point. XD
☁ Filled two garbage bags, which makes a total of three bags in my room. I didn't take them out, but in my defense, I did take out three bags of garbage that weren't my own, so I feel like I should get a pass on this. XD
☁ I decided that my next anime would be Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, for the sole reason of spreading out the sports animes and not watching them all at once (Tsuritama will be next), and I'm about four and a half episodes into that. I'm not really sure how to feel about it yet. Basically they could've just stopped at two episodes? I feel like the rest since have just been extraneous. Also, there was a line in the first ep that threw me off and I still haven't really recovered from it. On the other hand, it's kind of cute despite itself? I don't know.
So I'm going downtown for the day, at least that's the plan right now. Need to make some decisions as far as when I'm leaving. I suppose that means stopping messing with librarything and getting up. XD
Things Done Today:
☁ Finalized fall schedule. It's... well, unfortunately there's not much that can be done about it, so much is unmoveable. Things are MUCH more smooshed together than I would like them to be, especially since one of my classes is a considerable distance from everything else (Weight Management, go figure. XD). I'm going to have to BOOK IT to get to certain classes on time. I did end up picking Statistics over Bio. Bio is just... so much more work. x_x And no 2 hour labs. What also pissed me off- when my advisor had put me down for Creative Writing, he was like, try to make sure you get X teacher if you can, because he's a published author and yadda yadda yadda. So I did, back in April when I made my tentative schedule. When I checked it today? THEY'VE CHANGED THE PROFESSOR. And the only CW class he's teaching now is at 6pm which is totally undoable for me. Graaah. On the upside, regardless of what day it is, I'm done by 4, which is nice. :D
☁ Made a chart of said schedule (might sound silly, but I'm a visual person and it helps). Class names are underneath the photo as always.
☁ Weighed in (not particularly happy, but eh, it helps keep me accountable for what I'm doing)
☁ Ate over 1k calories (hey, it's an improvement)
☁ Drank a bottle of water (again, improvement)
☁ Got up through episode 6 of Taishou. It's cute and indeed very gay- and as a matter of fact, the seiyuu who does Tomoe also does the voice for Amane in Strawberry Panic, which helps with the gay. XD It's a little disturbing to me how much older the boys look, though. I mean. I know they're older. But the main girl looks about 8 (even though she's supposed to be almost 14) and her supposed male love interest looks about 25. Eeew. It's a little pedo-y to me since the apparent age difference is so exaggerated. Unfortunately I discovered that for some reason, my episode 7 doesn't have subs, so I'm working on getting a version that works and then we'll continue on.
☁ Painted my nails a nice bright purple and added shimmer. :) (speaking of, I can't believe I don't have a polish tag. WTH. XDDD)
☁ Cleaned some~ (Okay, fine, "some" is a 20 minute set, but it's better than nothing and I'm taking it XD I filled a garbage bag, at any rate. I'm hoping I can manage at least two sets tomorrow.)
☁ SLEPT. For like a 5 hour chunk all at once without waking up once. O_O (Even though I could totally go back to sleep, not gonna lie) YAY. :D :D :D :D :D :D
It's supposed to be really nice on Friday (No rain! Not 90+ degrees! It's like a miracle!), so I'm thinking of doing... I dunno, something. Maybe I'll go downtown to the park. I haven't really figured it out yet, but the point is to GO OUTSIDE and ENJOY IT, at any rate. :P May or may not get Kelly to go with me, but I'd actually almost prefer she not, because then I don't have to worry about entertaining her for however many hours. And if it's just me, I can sit down under a tree and write for a while or something. Asking just seemed like the polite thing to do. So we'll see. XD On that note, I think I'm going to test this episode and maybe try and sleep some more. Later~
*EDIT* Or, yanno, there are subs but they seem to be in German. UGH. Be careful what you wish for, I guess? XD
☁ Finished both Planetes and Kuroko no Basket. Planetes is fucking fabulous and everyone should watch it, though it's a little multiple personality? The first half is mostly episodic and silly, the second half has an actual overarching serious plot and is basically the complete opposite of the first. When I started this- hell, even 10 episodes into it- I didn't think I would end up liking it as much as I did. Final MAL score- 9. Kuroko... okay, so I haven't COMPLETELY changed my mind about it, however, it did start to grow on me just a little. Most of that had to do with Nigou. Apparently if you add a cute animal to a mediocre show, it improves my overall view of it, even when said animal isn't even in all the episodes after it's introduced. Yeah. Also I came out of it shipping Hyuuga/Riko, which has very little fic- like there are 18 tagged with it on AO3, and for most of those, they are either a side pairing or part of a threesome. Sob. Will I watch season 2? Eh, yeah, probably, but I'm also a masochist. Final MAL score- 6.
Also, remember how I said I was alternating episodes on those? I don't think I'll do that again. It had its benefits, sure. It pushed me through Kuroko when I didn't feel like watching it, because I had to get through it to see another episode of Planetes. But it just seemed to take so freaking LONG to get through these, and having to switch gears from one to the other all the time was just. Eh. Apparently my usual way of marathoning stuff I like until burn myself out works better for me. :P
☁ So now I've just started watching Taishou Yakyu Musume, for two reasons- one, it's only 12 episodes, and two, I've been told it's cute and fluffy. Cute and fluffy is good. *nodnod* Seems cute. I also watched the first ep of Free!. I wasn't going to because I generally don't watch things in progress, it pisses me off, but eh. Seems interesting so far. They've got my attention for the moment anyway. I don't have anything else to say on those, since I've only seen one episode of each.
☁ That being said, if anybody has any recs for anything that's cute/fluffy and relatively short (preferably 26 episodes or less, but I will make exceptions for things like Chi's Sweet Home that only have about 3 minute episodes XD), I will take them. I've seen Chi, obviously, and Bottle Fairy and A Little Snow Fairy Sugar and you know what, it's probably easier if I just give you my MAL. XD It doesn't have to be anything that's already on my list, either.
☁ Oh. And I've lost just over 7 pounds. Certainly not going to complain about that. :3 (Edit: I should probably add that this has been over the last two weeks, not over the last few days. And I do tend to lose more quickly in the beginning and then slow down later, so this isn't an alarming amount to me.)
Clearly I need to start trusting my instincts more when it comes to baking. They have yet to steer me wrong on that score.
☁ Oh man, I totally crashed hard last night. I had only been able to sleep for a few hours the night before, so around... eh... 1am or so? I was like, screw this, and went to bed. I woke up at about 5am and was up for an hour, but I didn't wake up again till 1:30pm. Right now... I do feel better, but I also feel like I could still use more sleep. Meh.
☁ It has snowed TWICE in the last few days. It was snowing pretty good last night- kind of weird, considering we apparently only ended up with three inches. Huh.
☁ Used up my BN gift cards (and then some)- will be finishing off Hikago finally, a couple of volumes of FMA, a few books from the mystery series I follow (Stephanie Plum, yay!), a book light (people seem shocked when I say I don't have one. And I think it would be useful. Soooooo...), and pre-ordered the final Eragon book when it comes out. Unfortunately, that means that all but two random volumes of manga won't be shipping until November 8th, but... that's okay. There is NOTHING in that order that I have to have ZOMGRITENAO. Though it would've been =nice= if they'd put the book light in the first shipment, just saying.
☁ Persona 4- Okay, the game was already having me ship Chie/Yukiko- the anime is even worse. Seriously, Chie actually SAYS "I want to be with you!" and there's a moment where you think they're going to kiss, but then they don't. *POUT* Okay, I knew they weren't going to, but. Guh. Next week starts the stuff after where I stopped in the game, so it should be fun! :D
Whoops. Have to go. Later~ \o
☁ Worked for Thanksgiving, so nothing particularly special. They did bring in Boston Market though, so we had turkey and potatoes and gravy. Mmmmmmm. It was delicious. Totally worth working for, seriously.
I saw my Aunt Linda for a few minutes before I left for work... she loves my hair, apparently, and she went "look at how skinny you're getting!" XD She's a liar, I'm nowhere even close to skinny, but I guess I'll take the compliment. :P
☁ Speaking of work, it's kicking my ass again. Scott's father died, so I ended up going in on Wednesday... another six day work week, hooray! -_- Plus there was Thanksgiving and Black Friday and today was absolute HELL. Let's just say that the morning shift did nothing and we were left with all of their work plus our own. UGH. We totally busted our asses. I would so call in tomorrow if I thought I could get away with it. I'm just EXHAUSTED. Is Christmas over yet?
☁ I ended up spending a small fortune for the Black Friday sales... I really need to learn to stay the hell off of Amazon that week. Most of what I got was DVD's and various Wii things. Went a little nuts, but I didn't get more than half of what I had originally tabbed as a possibility, so I'm taking that as a plus. Before sales tax, it was about $180, but considering the amount of stuff I actually purchased? That's awesome. Also it really wasn't that much worse than last year.
Also hopped over to Threadless since they were apparently having a sale. They didn't have one of the shirts that I -really- wanted (this one), but I did get two cute ones (this and this). Including shipping that was $24, which definitely isn't bad at all either. XL in the men's- we'll see how that goes. If they're a little small that's okay, because hopefully I'll shrink into them at some point.
So overall I'm pretty happy, even though I apparently am a tool and forgot a few things. Oh well. I have some stuff bookmarked that I will hopefully remember the next time I go to order something from Amazon. Which probably won't be until after Christmas anyway.
☁ Haagen-Dazs' "dulce de leche" flavor is my new favorite thing. SO GOOD. Thank god they come in little tiny versions.
☁ I'm seriously considering getting a mattress in a box. God. Yes, I'm that desperate for a new mattress, but the other factor is that this way the delivery is then not going to be a huge production. Hopefully. And getting it set up is really easy, according to reviews. This is... probably another "after Christmas" thing. I probably would've gotten it with my Amazon order, but it was actually on the Walmart site and not on Amazon like I'd thought it was. Whoops. No wonder I couldn't find it. XDDD
☁ More and more TSA stories, some pretty horrifying like actual insertion through clothes, fondling through clothes, sexual harassment, the fact that menstrual pads are apparently a threat to security... the truly bad thing about this is that someone is going to have to sue, or TSA is going to have to try to arrest someone for refusal, and it's going to have to go to the courts. That's how our system works. The government pulls something stupid and then the Supreme Court has to say "Uh, no, you can't do that." But it has to GET to the Supreme Court first. That's the really fucked up part about this, is that something really bad is going to have to happen in order for this to stop... and even then, it's not immediate. It could take YEARS unless TSA gets their heads out of their asses first.
.............I think we all know the chances of THAT one happening.
☁ People are nuts: Guy hacks his mother to death with a sword and then says he was just killing the demon inside of her- warning, the story's pretty graphic. The guy sounds schizophrenic as hell, in which case you have to wonder how no one saw this coming. In this other one, a woman tries to cut in line and then threatens to shoot people when she's understandably called on it.
Man, it's enough to make you want to lock yourself in your house. XD
2. I've pimped this video out to a couple of people already, but it requires sharing. Be warned of the cute, it kills. I want one. But I would want it to stay little just like that, and... well.... that's sort of a problem. Kittens tend to grow up and all. *sigh*
3. Okay, so I got tagged with this forever ago, and I'm just now getting to it because I'm lazy. Anyway. Meme time!
Association Meme: Comment to this post and I will give you 5 subjects/things I associate you with. Then post this in your LJ and elaborate on the subjects given.
(If you feel like it, you can associate me with stuff. I'm sort of curious. *shrug*)
( Meme! )
....ack! Gotta go start pulling myself together for work. *sigh* See you guys later.
(Edit in first section, sentence was somehow missing a few words. I know English, I promise. XD)
2. I haven't written in a little while, so a couple of things finished: Junjou Romantica and A Little Snow Fairy Sugar. Junjou.... you know, I kind of have the same reaction as I did to season one. I would like another season, but I won't be heartbroken if they don't, because I think it ends just fine where it is. *sigh* Weird to have it be over though. XD So now I'm taking a little break, and then will probably be picking up Nabari again. Or at least, trying to. This will be attempt number three. Not that it's bad, it just hasn't particularly caught my interest yet, and I keep getting distracted by shinier things. XDDD
I should really go to the grocery store and pick up some food, but I really don't feel like it. And gah, I can't think of anything else because while I do feel a bit better, my brain is still mush. XD Probably better to just shut up at this point, huh?
The scary part is, I could still totally go back to sleep right now....
1. Computer is still good for the moment, and lifted my hiatus on SW. Am considering apping a female character, but I have no idea who I'd app, and I have a hard enough time juggling three characters as it is. (And no, before anybody says anything, I'm NOT apping Hawkeye. Awesome she is, but there's no way I'd be able to pull her off even remotely IC.) So I most likely won't end up doing it anyway.
2. Good sleep. I misses it. Some guys are working on the roof of our apartment complex... and since they start at around 8am-9am... um, yeah. I get woken up. I try to go back to sleep and end up getting woken up again about every 15 minutes to half hour. Yesterday was day three of this bullshit, and I was at work trying my best not to fall asleep. Suuuuuuuuck. It seems they don't work weekends though, so maybe I can catch up on my sleep a little. It was lovely to not be woken up at 9am today. ^_^;;; Still exhausted, though, but a little better.
3. Lovely Complex. I'd heard about it before, and started watching it in the interest of finding something new to make Kelly watch, since unless I force Gravitation on her, I don't have anything new for her to see anime-wise.......... it's brilliant. Honestly. Go watch it. I basically inhaled it, and I'm not that much into shoujo. ^_^;;;;
Now I'm watching Higurashi no Naku Koro ni on a rec. I don't like horror too much (predictable), but I do love getting my head fucked with, so I'm hoping it'll be good.
4. Work is sucking. Meh. I need a vacation.
2. I'm SO glad to be going back to work, I can't even tell you. My mother is driving me up the wall. She was completely freaking PSYCHOTIC today. All kinds of fun.
3. Speaking of which, I'm going back a day early. I'm... not really going to get into it, but let's just say Kerry whined at me and he knew damn well I couldn't afford to turn down the extra hours. So I'm officially going back to work on Sunday. Thank fucking god. Can I go back, oh I don't know, now? XDDD Well, I guess it's only four more days that I have off (holy shit, how did that happen? XD). I suppose I'll live until then. Possibly.
4. Junjou Romantica: Aww. Misaki is so adorably clueless. <3
I think I'll go read the rest of Fruits Basket 2 and get some sleep. Later~
2. While I'm stuck home for right now, I'm not really on the computer a lot, as the recliner chair in the living room is the most comfortable place for me to be right now. Even when I am awake, which, let's be honest, isn't happening much recently. *shifty eyes* However... I did finish The World Ends With You today. The basic storyline, not the extra stuff, I'm going to work on that. Good to know the half hour or so I have between the time I take meds to the time I crash is good for something. ^_^;;;; Anyway, it's a good game, even if I have lingering questions that are apparently going to be answered by going through the extra stuff. You know, later. Next up: Try to catch up on some reading, and then maybe pull out another DS/GBA game to work on. I'm thinking either Phantom Hourglass, Partners in Time, or FFVI. Haven't decided which yet.
3. Need to try to finish reading BG and make some guesses. Should probably start that soon, actually, since there's the whole "sitting down at the computer for an extended period of time doesn't exactly make my stomach very happy" thing, so I'll have to do that in shifts. Meh. Other plans for computer time: anime and rp~
Speaking of BG, I have one correct guess (and no, I'm not telling you who pinned me)... no other takers? And no, Sherri, you can not guess, that's cheating. XDDD
4. Received a get well card in the mail from Scott and his wife. It was a sweet thought (even if Sue probably made him do it XD), and I suppose it makes up for a little bit of how he was acting before. A little. He was still an asshole. But this at least takes the edge off the anger.
5. Subrosa- so not happening unless a miracle fairy comes down to save my sorry ass. I'm not even awake half the day, much less coherent enough to write. (Then again, the fic can't get much worse....) I've got a basic concept, it's just something that needs to be developed. EXECUTION. Really... the concepts have been halfway decent recently (Er.. well, for me, anyway. I'm considering something resembling plot to be "halfway decent" here. ^_^;;;;). It's the execution that sucks, and I'm not really sure why that's happening.
...hell, I can't think about that right now. *yawns* Think I'm going to pass out for a while. ^_^;;;